Call Us Today 803.327.4600

Non-Profit and IRS 501(c)(3) Advice

Non-Profits and IRS 501(c)(3) Corporations

If you have an idea for a charity or public benefit organization or it is time to take your current charitable project to the next level call me for a consultation to discuss how to achieve your goals. I will help you formally organize your charity with South Carolina, create Bylaws and Conflict of Interest Policies, and obtain IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.

A charity can operate without IRS 501(c)(3) status but your fundraising is easier when your donors can get an income tax deduction for their donation. Applications for 501(c)(3) status are submitted on Form 1023, a long and very detailed document. Include all supporting documents with your application and follow the IRS instructions. Missing forms or missed steps will cause significant delays in your application.

I have experience in obtaining 501(c)(3) status and offer an affordable fixed fee for my services. Call my office to make an appointment so we can begin to formally organize your charity.

Contact us Today

Butler and Church Law is committed to answering your questions about estate planning and some family law issues in South Carolina.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.